This weekend was Stake Conference. Saturday night was wonderful as was today’s session. Besides having to sit on a hard folding chair and Tabernacle benches that hurt my back, it was magnificent. I love this gospel.
Saturday night highlights:
- You can see, but not see. You can hear, but not hear. You need to listen and understand.
- Praying is important and we need to talk with Heavenly Father.
- Heavenly Father wants us to be happy.
- Daily decisions make an impact in our lives.
- We should wake up every morning and look in the mirror and say “I am a child of God and I am so cool.” (Sister Fisher)
- It is our choice to be happy or miserable.
- There is always a right time for everything.
- Be humble to ask and receive help.
Sunday session highlights:
- We need to desire to know something with all our heart. Desire. Believe. Act.
- The Lord is the way and the light.
- Strive for improvement, not for perfection.
- Hunker down and do the work of the Lord.
- Love and be loved.
- Experiences mold our lives.
- We need to slow down and live our lives.
- Be doers of the word.
- Have faith to do missionary work.
- The Book of Mormon will change your life.