Today I went on a little over 9 miles run to get ready for the half marathon in two weeks. I just have to add four more miles to the run. No problem (haha). Here are some fun things I saw:
- A duck in the middle of the road. A guy in a car had to get out in order to make the duck move. It was pretty funny.
- A lady walking her dog (I don’t like running by dogs because they tend to chase me and/or attempt to snap at me) and the dog tried to snap at me. My heart rate shot way up!
- Lots of people at First Dam.
- Bees, beetles, potato bugs. Oh and flies and ants.
- Nice people in cars that give runners plenty of space when the shoulder is non-existent.
- I got a lot of looks and stares.
- Other runners. I almost caught one ahead of me (it must be my relay race running mindset trying to pass people) but alas, she went straight when I turned the corner.
- The temple, Utah State University, the Island, First Dam, Adams Elementary, and 10th north, the canal, dirt, grass, trees, clouds, etc…
- People mowing the lawn.
It was a nice, leisurely run. We will see how to feel later today and tomorrow.